How to prep and what to pack for a whirlwind month in the fashion capitals.
Navigate Fashion Week like a blogger with our go-to guide
As any style-loving, IT girl will tell you, the real trick to surviving the chaos of Fashion Week all lies in expert preparation. Like an athlete training for a competition or Victoria’s Secret supermodel preparing for the big annual show, one must be thoroughly prepped to withstand the busy fashion month across the capitals.
Whether you are heading to NYC, London, Paris or Milan, the most famous month on the calendar is jam-packed with shows, appointments, backstage interviews, glitzy soirées – and the after-parties, of course!
The Packing: Quick Tips To Prepping Like A Pro
• Once you have your schedule, try on outfits in advance (including the correct undergarments and accessories to go with each look) and take photos. This tactic will ensure you don’t over pack and will make getting dressed a whole lot quicker when you need to rush out the door for the first show of the day.
• Make sure you get everything washed and dry-cleaned well in advance so that it arrives back in plenty of time for the trip.
• Pack extra flat shoes to pop in your tote, especially if you plan on wearing heels to a show. Chances are the show will run late, and you will need to get to the next slot, which is no easy feat in stilettos.
• Make a suitcase checklist on your phone, which you can update as you go along. Jot down everything you will need, from your toothbrush to phone charger, no matter how small – these are often the things we forget.
• A busy show-packed agenda makes eating regularly and healthily a whole lot harder, so stick to a decent meal plan ahead of Fashion Week and pack plenty of nutritious snacks, such as nut bars, quinoa chips and protein powders, in your suitcase. Once you have arrived in your location, you can stock up on fresh fruit and veggies to store in your hotel minibar fridge.
The Essentials: Front Row-Approved Staples To See You Through Fashion Week
Blazer, Alexa Chung at Boutique 1, Mall of the Emirates
While you might be viewing the Spring/Summer 2018 collections, February will be chilly in the fashion capitals, so wrap up in oversized coats, cosy knits and sharp jackets. We love this double-breasted blazer from Alexa Chung’s new label.
Cat-eye sunglasses, Zara, visit Mall of the Emirates, City Centre Deira, City Centre Mirdif, City Centre Bahrain, City Centre Muscat, City Centre Alexandria and City Centre Maadi
You will need a killer pair of dark shades to ward off the flashes of street style snappers, and perhaps the show lights a la Anna Wintour.
Earrings, Bershka, visit Mall of the Emirates, City Centre Mirdif, City Centre Deira, City Centre Alexandria, City Centre Muscat and City Centre Bahrain
A statement pair of bold baubles will take your look from the front row to the dancefloor in a flash.